It’s a bit legalese so here’s the edited highlights
- I don’t sell your data. Full Stop
- If you sign up for my mailing list then I will send you tips that may include some marketing guff
- I do use Google Analytics to track visits to my website
- I won’t use any of your info without your express permission
- If you think i have cocked up then contact me. I’m usually pretty reasonable (except on a Monday morning)
PII, as used in US privacy law and EU GDPR information security, is information that can be used on its own or with other information to identify, contact, or locate a single person, or to identify an individual in context.
What personal information do I collect from the people that visit my blog, website or app?
When ordering or registering on my site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, mailing address, credit card information or other details to help you with your experience.
When do I collect information?
I collect information from you when you register on my site, place an order, subscribe to a newsletter, fill out a form or enter information on my site.
How do I use your information?
I may use such information in the following ways:
- To personalise the user’s experience and to allow me to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To improve my website in order to better serve you.
- To allow me to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- To quickly process your transactions.
- To send periodic emails regarding your order or other services.
How do I protect visitor information?
My website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to my site as safe as possible.
I use regular Malware Scanning.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
I implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on my servers.
Do I use ‘cookies’?
- Help remember and process the items in the shopping cart.
- Understand and save user’s preferences for future visits.
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. I may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on my behalf.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser (like Internet Explorer) settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser’s Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If you disable cookies off, some features will be disabled It will turn off some of the features that make your site experience more efficient and some of my services will not function properly.
How can you opt-out, remove or modify information you have provided to us?
You can request to have your information removed by clicking on Contact on this or the home page menu.
Please note that I may maintain information about an individual sales transaction in order to complete that transaction and for record-keeping purposes.
I do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information unless I provide you with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist me in operating my website, conducting my business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. I may also release your information when I believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce my site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses but it is unlikely frankly.
Occasionally, at my discretion, I may include or offer third party products or services on my website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. I, therefore, have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, I seek to protect the integrity of my site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Transfer Of Your Personal Information
Your information, including personal information, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
Disclosure Of Your Personal Information
Under certain circumstances, I may be required to disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Retention of Your Personal Information
Information Regarding Your Data Protection Rights Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- I need to perform a contract with you, such as when you create a Policy with us
- You have given us permission to do so
- The processing is in my legitimate interests and it’s not overridden by your rights
- For payment processing purposes
- To comply with the law
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or to delete the personal information I have on you
- The right of rectification
- The right to object
- The right of restriction
- The right to data portability
- The right to withdraw consent
Please note that I may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about my collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
I employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate my Website (“Service Providers”), to provide my Website on my behalf, to perform Website-related services or to assist me in analyzing how my Website is used. These third parties have access to your personal information only to perform these tasks on my behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
- Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of my Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualise and personalise the ads of its own advertising network.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/
- Payments processors
I provide paid products and/or services on my Website. In that case, I use third-party services for payment processing (e.g. payment processors).